Infrastructure, Properties, and Planning Event Support
Events that occur either on University grounds or in campus buildings usually require coordination with Infrastructure, Properties, and Planning (IPP).
The Facilities Event Coordination office is responsible for working with event planners to determine how IPP can help make functions held on the Ithaca campus safe and successful. We offer a single point of contact, who will take the time to learn about your event and suggest resources and services. We can advise you on Cornell policies, fire and safety resources, and important steps to a successful event, including placing work requests for IPP services.
- Arranging existing furniture or procuring specialty items
- Interior or exterior clean up before, during, and after an event
- Electrical hookup and onsite electrician
- Interior or exterior wayfinding signage creation and placement
- Tent site preparation, including underground utility discovery and lawn maintenance
- Recycling and sustainable refuse removal
- Venue location and set up consultation
- Short term storage
- Pickup/delivery services
- Weight load determination
- Stantions (PVC, wood, or chrome)
- Podiums (open or closed)
- Pop-up tents (10x10 or 10x20)
- Flags (U.S., N.Y.S., C.U.)
- Coat racks
- Tables (6ft. rectangular) and chairs
Before requesting services for your event, please contact the Facilities Event Coordinator.
We ask that you allow us at least four weeks advance notice if you are requesting an estimate for your event. Work requests should be created two weeks prior to the event so we are able to provide the best possible service for your function.
Primary Contact Information:
Facilities Event Coordinator
Humphreys Service Building
Ithaca, NY 14853