Parking on campus is restricted to permit or payment at all times, unless posted otherwise. Parking requirements and times of enforcement are posted at the entrance of each lot; please read all signs carefully before parking.
Students who bring personal cars, motorcycles, or motorscooters to the campus must register their license plate with Transportation Services, whether or not they buy a parking permit. Vehicle information must be kept current. Register a license plate and update vehicle information at myparking.cornell.edu.
Permit Sales and Delivery
Annual permits are available for sale August 1 – June 30 at myparking.cornell.edu; permits expire on August 31 of each academic year.
All student permits are sold online and mailed by our vendor to the address designated during the checkout process. Commuting students should be sure their Student Local mailing address is correct, and that their name is clearly labeled on their apartment mailbox to ensure timely delivery.
Parking for Off-Campus Commuters
Students living off-campus can purchase an annual commuter parking permit:
- B Commuter Permit – 2016 Annual Rate $359.85.; The B permit is valid all times in the B lot near the Vet College, and in the north campus A lot after 2:30 pm.;
- SC Commuter Permit – 2016 Annual Rate $752.86.; The SC permit is valid in designated lots located along Campus Road, Route 366, B Lot, CISER on Pine Tree Road, the north campus CC lot, and A lot after 2:30 pm.
Parking for On-Campus Residents
Students living in university-owned housing can purchase an annual parking permit for their residence area. Resident permits are not valid anywhere else on campus (other than A lot after 2:30 pm) and are sold only to resident students.
- Resident Permits – 2016 Annual Rate $752.86.
- FH – Hasbrouck/Thurston Court; automatically receive OmniRide bus pass privileges
- ND – North Campus
- SW – Sheldon Ct./Cascadilla/Schuyler House
- WD – Edgemoor Lane/University Avenue Lot/West Campus WD
- M Permit Sticker – 2016 Annual Rate $119.94
Sharing Commuter Permits (Carpool)
Commuters can share the cost of a parking permit. One person purchases and is responsible for the permit, which can then be switched among vehicles registered with Transportation Services. Please note that while commuting students can share the permit with their peers, permit ownership is not transferable.
Permit Refund Policy
- A pre-paid, annual permit is eligible for a refund if it is returned by March 31.
- There are no refunds on M permits.
- There are no refunds on annual permits after March 31.
- There are no refunds on temporary permits.
- There are no cash refunds.
- Refunds are based on a prorated schedule. Refund amounts are determined on the day the permit is returned.
- If a permit was charged, the account charged will be credited for any refund due.
- Refunds on permits that were paid for by check or cash will be processed through Cornell University Accounting, and a check will be mailed. This process takes approximately two weeks.
- Permits are sold on a first-come, first-served, and space-available basis.
- The annual rate is set as of July 1; permits prorate beginning September 1.
- Annual permits are valid through August 31; there are no semester-only permits.
- Permit ownership is not transferrable.
- The vehicle on which the permit is displayed must be registered with the university.
- No refunds on permits after March 31.
Transportation and Mail Services
116 Maple Avenue
Ithaca NY 14850-4902
Hours of Operation
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., M-F