When interuption of electical, potable water, chilled water, steam, or other utility service is required in a facility, a utility shutdown request must be submitted.
Once you have placed a utility shutdown request, IPP and unit facilities staff must perform these tasks before the shutdown can take place:
- Notification of the Building Coordinator(s) whose approval is required for the shutdown to take place.
- Building Coordinators will notify and receive feedback from building users and who will be affected by the shutdown.
- Building users will make necesary adjustments to classroom, lab, and other facility usage schedules.
- Building Coordinators will confirm their approval or denial of the shut down request with IPP Customer Service. If a shutdown’s impact on teaching, research, or other critical activities at the requested time is deemed too severe, a Building Coordinator may deny a shutdown request and ask that it be scheduled for a less disruptive time.
- Maintenance Zones will schedule needed support staff and equipment.
- Support staff and other IPP and unit personnel will vet the shutdown request for possible downstream building system and facility impacts.