Infrastructure Properties and Planning Rewards & Recognition
Infrastructure Properties and Planning (IPP) has established a commitment to reward and recognize significant individual and team contributions and accomplishments of IPP employees. Anyone can nominate an IPP staff member, please see below under the two different types of awards for instructions, forms and criteria for each nomination.
The 2016-17 members of the Rewards and Recognition Committee are: Jean Curran, Vicki Davis, Erik Eshelman, Kristin Gutenberger, Delia Herrin, Tom King, Heather Lee Mulks, Donna-Marie Parker, Julie Parsons, Dan Schied, Bill Sitzabee, and Sue Kern Wilkins. We can be contacted at IPPRR@cornell.edu
2016 Keystone Winners – R5 Operations and Endowed Moving Crew
Regular and temporary Cornell University Infrastructure Properties and Planning employees are eligible to be nominated. The employee’s most recent performance evaluation must be satisfactory to win the award. The nominee must have been employed by Cornell University for at least one year at the time of nomination.
Nominations may be submitted by any temporary or regular Infrastructure Properties and Planning employee. The nomination forms below for each award must be completed to submit an individual or team for consideration. Nominations may include endorsements or letters of recommendation from other people who are able to assess the nominee’s performance.
If you need assistance submitting a nomination, feel free to contact a member of the IPP Rewards & Recognition Committee: Jean Curran, Vicki Davis, Erik Eshelman, Kristin Gutenberger, Delia Herrin, Tom King, Heather Lee Mulks, Donna-Marie Parker, Julie Parsons, Dan Schied, Bill Sitzabee, and Sue Kern Wilkins.
All nominations will be reviewed by the IPP Rewards & Recognition Committee. The committee will rank the nominations and forward the top ranked nominations to the VP of IPP for final approval. The number of awards given each year may vary.
Employees of the Quarter (EOQ) – Four celebrations a year
The IPP Employees of the Quarter program recognizes three teams or individuals each quarter that go “above and beyond” their normal duties to accomplish something exceptional. The IPP Employees of the Quarter should continuously exhibit the IPP organizational values of Truth, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, and Integrity.
- Individual awardees will receive a bonus of $200 gross each.
- Team awardees will split a bonus of $400 gross amongst the members of the team.
Large teams will split the bonus of $400 gross and will also be invited to a lunch with VP Kyu Whang and the nominator.
Annual IPP Employee Awards Celebration
Annual Electronic Nomination Form or the Printable nomination form Please save and send this form to the IPP Rewards & Recognition email address: IPPRR@cornell.edu or drop off the paper copy to IPP Human Resources or Customer Service.
The Annual IPP Employee Awards will be presented on an annual basis at the IPP Employee Celebration. Awards given annually will be at the discretion of the IPP awards committee and the VP of IPP. Individuals will receive the entire bonus amounts; teams will split the award equally among team members.
All nominees must consistently demonstrate the Cornell University Skills for Success, consistently demonstrate Infrastructure Properties and Planning values, and have documented examples of accomplishments that align within one or more of the following five criteria.
- Keystone Award - Excellence in service to the organization and consistently providing quality output in work activities. This award is the highest honor and will be awarded to the individual or team that exemplifies excellence and many of the qualities listed below in their work. Bonus amount: $6000 gross.
- Cornerstone Award - Effectiveness Improvement - Implemented an innovative process improvement that had a significant cost and/or time savings for the organization. Bonus amount: $1200 gross.
- Cornerstone Award - Distinction in Teamwork - Had a positive impact on a team by giving distinguished service, making a difference, or implementing a quality of work/life improvement. Bonus amount: $1200 gross.
- Cornerstone Award - Dedication to Developing Others - Commitment to mentoring others and contributing towards the goal of succession planning. Bonus amount: $1200 gross.
- Cornerstone Award - Campus or Community Service - Volunteerism efforts either external or internal to Cornell University. Bonus amount: $1200 gross.
- Steve Wright Bridge Award – Diversity and Inclusion - Demonstration of significant, ongoing commitment to fostering diversity within Infrastructure Properties and Planning. Bonus amount $1200 gross.
Nomination period: January 1 - April 30
Nomination review period: May 1 - May 31
Award presentation: June 1 - July 31
Read about the winners of the 2015 Keystone and Cornerstone Awards and their contributions to Cornell University!
- Keystone Awards - R5 Operations and Endowed Moving Crew
- Cornerstone Award for Effectiveness Improvement -REVIT Team
- Cornerstone Award for Campus or Community Service – Vicki Davis
- Cornerstone Award for Developing Others - Erin Sill
- Cornerstone Award for Distinction in Teamwork - Campus Road Substation Project Team
- Steve Wright Bridge Award - Rick Roper